Vintage Drag Racing Association
Nostalgia Eliminator Class Rules
· All vehicles must meet NHRA safety requirements for speed and elapsed time.
· All vehicles must pass a track inspection before competing.
· Permitted vehicles include the following: Center steer vehicles such as Altereds, Funny cars and Front Engine Dragsters.
· Modern Funny car bodies are NOTpermitted. (pre-1980’s bodies are permitted).
· The Race Master has full discretion in determining if a vehicle is qualified to compete or not.
Suspension and Drivetrain:
· NOAir, electronic or timer devises are allowed in the operation of shifting the vehicle. Must be shifted by the driver.
· Trans brake allowed.
· Any transmission is allowed.
· Cast Iron and Aluminum engine blocks permitted.
· Cast Iron and Aluminum heads permitted.
· Only roots style superchargers up to 14-71 are permitted. Turbo chargers are NOT permitted.
· Any intake manifold is permitted
· Carburetor and mechanical fuel injection ONLY. Electronic Fuel Injection will NOTbe permitted.
· Nitrous Oxide is NOTpermitted.
· Gas and Methanal fuels Permitted. NO Nitromethane permitted.
· Antifreeze or any coolants other than water are not permitted.
Electronics: Please Refer to the VDRA Electronics Rules and Regulations Page
· All vehicles must run quicker than 11.99 seconds elapsed time. Failure to do so may lead to a DNQ “Did not Qualify”. The Race Master has FULL discretion in determining if a racer can or cannot continue.
· Crew members are allowed up to the starting line area and no further. NO EXCEPTIONS. This rule was created upon request by the race venues that the VDRA competes at.
· Vehicles can be self-starting or started remotely by a support vehicle.
· Vehicles and competitors must comply with track rules including elapsed time and MPH restrictions.