Vintage Drag Racing Association
AFX/Gasser Class Rules
· All vehicles must meet NHRA safety requirements for speed and elapsed time.
· All vehicles must pass a track inspection before competing.
· The body must be 1972 or older. Newer body styles can be approved by the Race Master.
· The vehicle must have the look of the mid 1960’s Gasser or AFX
· The vehicle is preferred to have fenders.
· The vehicle cannot have any aerodynamic changes such as a rear deck spoiler or rear wing.
· The roof line of the vehicle can be channeled or chopped a maximum of 4 inches.
· NO modern snorkel scoops permitted.
· Vehicle is preferred to be named.
· Steel Quarters and roof are preferred.
Suspension and Drivetrain:
· Trans brake and line lock are allowed.
· No traction control systems.
· Straight Axels are preferred. Non straight axel vehicles must present a raised front-end stance. Willy’s, Anglia’s and Austin’s are permitted to run With or without the raised front end.
· Wheelie bars are permitted but not preferred.
· No Tube chassis cars allowed. Back Half is permitted.
· Maximum Rear tire of 16x33-inch permitted.
· Any steel or aluminum heads and blocks are permitted. However, newer style engines are not permitted.
· Superchargers up to 14-71 are permitted.
· Any intake manifold is permitted
· Carburetor and mechanical fuel injection ONLY. Electronic Fuel Injection will NOTbe permitted.
· Nitrous Oxide is NOTpermitted.
· Gas and Methanal fuels Permitted. NO Nitromethane permitted.
· Antifreeze or any coolants other than water are not permitted.
Electronics: Please Refer to the VDRA Electronics Rules and Regulations Page
· All vehicles must run quicker than 14.0 seconds elapsed time. Failure to do so may lead to a DNQ “Did not Qualify”. The Race Master has full discretion in determining if a racer can or cannot continue.
· The AFX style of vehicles are permitted to compete in the Gasser Class and will adhere to the same rules and regulations minus the raised front end.
· AFX vehicles are preferred that manufacture of engine and body be the same maker. Chevy -Chevy Ford- Ford etc.
· Altered wheelbase cars are permitted.