Vintage Drag Racing Association
Factory Experimental Class Rules
· All vehicles must meet NHRA safety requirements for speed and elapsed time.
· All vehicles must pass a track inspection before competing.
· The body must be factory produced between the years of 1962-1972.
· The vehicle must have the look of the mid 1960’s Factory Experimental Vehicle.
· Car name and graphics preferred.
· Wagon Body styles are permitted.
· The vehicle cannot have any aerodynamic changes such as a rear deck spoiler or rear wing. Unless it came from the factory. No sheet metal spoilers.
· NO modern snorkel scoops permitted.
· Steel Quarters and roof.
Suspension and Drivetrain:
· Trans brake and line lock are allowed.
· No traction control systems.
Raised front ends are allowed.
· Wheelie bars are permitted.
· No Tube chassis cars allowed. Back Half is permitted.
· Maximum Rear tire of 16x33-inch permitted.
Engine and vehicle must be the same manufacture.
·Steel or aluminum heads and blocks are permitted. However, newer style engines are not permitted. (LS-Coyote etc.).
· Superchargers are NOT permitted.
· Must be carbureted. No Mechanical Fuel injection.
· Nitrous Oxide is NOT permitted.
· Gas and Methanal fuels Permitted. NO Nitromethane permitted.
· Antifreeze or any coolants other than water are Not permitted.
Electronics: Please Refer to the VDRA Electronics Rules and Regulations Page
· All vehicles must run quicker than 14.0 seconds elapsed time. Failure to do so may lead to a DNQ “Did not Qualify”. The Race Master has full discretion in determining if a racer can or cannot continue.
The Gasser and Factory Experimental Class compete in the same bracket during race events.